Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 4: Weekly Update


  1. My SMART goal was to eat 2 cups of green vegetables 4 times per week for the next 9 weeks. I did very well in achieving my goal. I made sure to switch things up and eat salads some days, broccoli another, and also added in green beans on other days.
  2. What I was successful with this past week was changing up the vegetables I chose to fulfill my goal. I made sure to use a variety so I wasn't getting sick of the same thing every time. I didn't really face any challenges this week, I thought Thanksgiving might have made it difficult but there were plenty of vegetables to make sure I stayed on track.
  3. The feelings I experienced in the last week were that I was feeling more awake than usual. I think getting more foods that were good for me helped me to focus and not be so full on greasy foods I would have otherwise filled up on.
  4. This week I learned that making my diet healthier isn't as hard as I figured it would be. Adding in more green vegetables slowly with each week seemed to help really well to build up a routine.
  5. My plans for next week are to continue with this goal. I'm working a lot more this upcoming week so I want to make sure I can keep up with my goal even with a busier schedule than usual. So I will stay with 2 cups of green vegetables 4 times per week for the next 8 weeks.
Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 4 hosted by Amy@Amy in the Rain

7 comments:

  1. That is awesome that you are feeling the changes from increasing vegetables in your diet! It is something I am trying to work on on my own as well. I just purchased a bunch, so I think the first step is having them in your house to actually eat! Good luck next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job at completing your goal this past week. It is great that you are being conscious of your eating habits at work. I now it is hard when I am working a lot to eat healthy things. Good luck and hopefully work wont get in the way of completing your smart goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By eating vegetables, it definitely decreases the amount of greasy foods that you may be tempted to eat. They fill you up, so you don't always feel like you have to snack. It's great to hear that you've come up with a reliable routine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am eating vegetables as a part of my SMART goal too, and I have noticed that the more variety I have, the more vegetables I eat! I have also noticed that I have more energy, because I am not eating heavy foods that make me tired!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job at achieving your goal, incorporating different varieties is the best way to go, too. I notice I feel more awake and energetic when I have vegetables and stuff too versus the processed crap. People are having to buy coffee and energy drinks to get through school but they don't realize all you need to do is eat healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great that this is going well and easy for you. I think slowly adding vegetables into your meals is a great way to get into that routine like you said! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! It seems you are really getting and enjoying the many benefits of eating healthier. I suppose that's why the food pyramid is there to help us, haha!

    ReplyDelete