Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 2: Weekly Update

  1. My SMART goal was to eat 2 servings (2 cups) of broccoli per day 3 times per week for the next 10 weeks. I did pretty well at achieving this goal, except that I was starting to get sick of broccoli after a few days. Although I do love broccoli eating it 3 times per week wasn't exactly working for me.
  2. The successes for this goal were that it wasn't too difficult to accomplish. I ate the 2 servings with my dinner each night which made it easier to accomplish by planning it with my meals.  So my strategy was to eat the 2 cups all at once at dinner time. The challenges were, like I stated above, that eating the same vegetable gets a little old. I dealt with this by eating it with different meals each time so that I was at least changing one thing but still getting my goal of 2 cups with my meal 3 times per week.
  3. The feelings I experienced towards this goal was that I do like broccoli but not enough to eat it quite so much. I started feeling this after the third time eating 2 cups of broccoli with dinner.
  4. This week I learned that instead of trying to eat the same type of vegetable each time, maybe switching it up but still getting the same amount will be easier and more beneficial. I don't want to hate broccoli after this activity.
  5. For next week I will modify my goal to eating at least 2 cups of green vegetables 3 times per week for the next 10 weeks. 
Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 2 hosted by Amy@Amy in the Rain

    7 comments:

    1. It is good you changed your goal to just green vegetables instead of broccoli. I know how it is, you can really get sick of eating the same thing especially if it's two servings per meal! That's a lot! Good luck with this next goal!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I think your new goal sounds much more realistic. Eating that much of one vegetable can get sickening, even if you DO like it. I love broccoli too, but I'm not sure I'd be able to eat it as often as that

      ReplyDelete
    3. I agree, changing your goal to just green vegetables is overall a better idea. I couldn't eat that much broccoli! I believe your goal was to ultimately get more calcium, so keep in mind the best vegetables for that are spinach, peas, soybeans, tomatoes, brussel sprouts, and cabbage/greens, etc.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Agreed! Eating the same kind of food in general can get boring. I think changing your goal to eating other green veggies is a great idea and will definitely let you explore more options of green veggies.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Congrats on reaching your goal! I am glad it was easy for you, that means you weren't far off from a healthier lifestyle. Good luck with your next endeavor!

      ReplyDelete
    6. That's great that you were able to reach your goal. I would suggest being a little more specific, however, with how many servings you have. I know when I set goals for myself and I say 'I need at least this much' more often than not I end up doing the minimum requirement. Since you did so awesome this week I would suggest having 3 servings or maybe even 4 with your meals or say you will have 2 servings 4 or 5 times in a week. This way you are continued to be challenged and you have a definite idea as to when you reached your goal.

      ReplyDelete
    7. I also think your new goal is more realistic. I love broccoli too, but eating that much of it at one time and that often could make you hate it. Any green vegetable is great for you, so you will still get the same benefits as your first goal!

      ReplyDelete