Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Read n' Seed: Aqua Shock: The Water Crisis.

  1. Aqua Shock: The Water Crisis.
  2. This book is about the crisis of running out of water, the effects of this and what we can do to prevent it.
  3. I chose this book because I find our limited supply of water to be very interesting and also very frightening and I'd like to learn more about this serious problem. 
  4. 3 Sources: 
    1. http://redmooncafe.blogspot.com/2009/12/review-of-aqua-shock-water-crisis-in.html
    2. http://newsblaze.com/story/20100103160131lion.nb/topstory.html
    3. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/susan-j-marks/our-water-crisis-too-big_b_325962.html
  5. There are 8 chapters and 226 pages. I will divide up my readings into each quarter by reading 2 chapters each quarter.

7 comments:

  1. This book actually sounds kind of scary in a sense. I am really interested to see your next "Read n' Seed" so I can learn more about it too, because it interests me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the crisis of running out of water is a very interesting topic. Also, the fact that some countries have to fight with this every single day makes it even more interesting. I can't wait to read more about your book and learn how we can help with this serious problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so interesting to think that we could run out of water, considering that's what makes up 70% of the globe. It seems to me that people today, myself included, are constantly using more goods than they need to. Side note, have you ever been to the Duluth Aquarium? I know there are sections in the building that talk about water and how much of it we can actually use and what that looks like for the future. Just thought I would let you know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like an interesting book to read about. I look forward to hearing more about it as the semester progresses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Dani, it almost sounds scary! I had no idea that our planet could run out of water, because it is made up of mostly water! I am interested to hear what you find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right in that this is a serious problem, I am very interested to see what the book has to say for solutions to this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this book sounds interesting. It is a scary thing to think about! I looks forward to learning more.

    ReplyDelete