Monday, November 1, 2010

Eye Opener: Junk On The Brain

PART 1. Using a search engine, define the following terms (be sure to provide links to sites on which you find the information):
PART 2: Answer the following questions:
  1.  These terms are related to environmental health because it is reducing waste by reusing items. Things people want to throw away because they no longer have use for them, can sell them to others who want to use them for something else.
  2. I do some of these things. I do admit I'm not big on antiques, but I do rummage sale every so often. My grandma goes every single Friday and knows where all the "good" sales are. She has a whole bedroom devoted to all her finds.
PART 3: Get your junk on!
  • Visit JunkMarketStyle.com and find three junk projects that inspire you or that you simply find cool.
    •  How to build a pumpkin person: I found this project cool and inspiring because it is just in time (or was) for Halloween. Making your own decorations is a good way to help the environment. 
    • Santa Snow Globe: I found this project interesting because it is a good/cheap way to make gifts for family members. Some of my aunts collect snow globes so it would be a gift they would really appreciate. 
    •  Simple Monday Floral Arrangement:  This seemed like a good project for me because I love flowers and having simple floral arrangements can be a good gift or even just simple decoration for your own home.

5 comments:

  1. I really liked the Monday Floral Arrangement! It seems really easy and is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Grandma was the same way. You can defiantly find some sweet deals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing I don't like about Plato's closet is that they are so picky about what they will and will not take. They will not take anything that is NOT designer or name brand and also they will not take anything that is out of date or fashion. I think their idea is right, but they should take more than the name brand items.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember you saying that your aunt collects snow globes during class. That is interesting and a good way to really personalize a gift!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the santa snow globe idea! This would be a perfect gift for you to give your aunt, like Kristen mentioned! Plus it would probably be fun for you to make!

    ReplyDelete