Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 3: Weekly Update



My SMART goal was to eat 2 cups of green vegetables 3 times per week for the next 10 weeks. The past week I did exceptionally well in achieving this goal.  I've made a salad with pretty much all of my meals besides one or two which included lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, a little vinegar and oil and lemon pepper. I love salad so it made it easy to keep up with my goal. My successes were being able to quite easily achieve my goal by eating things I really liked that fit into the "green" vegetable category. I didn't really face any challenges this week unlike last week simply because I actually looked forward to adding salad to my meals because sounded so good. I was actually craving salad before I had figured out what I was even eating for dinner. The feelings I experienced was being really happy with myself that not only did I achieve my goal but I did a little extra also. This week I learned that it is possible for me to increase my vegetable intake and eat veggies I like and still get the benefits of eating them. For next week I want to up my consumption to 4 times per week rather than 3 simply because I overachieved so much this week. However, I plan to keep it to all green vegetables and 2 cups per serving. Hopefully it will go just as well!

blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 3 hosted by Amy@Amy in the Rain

7 comments:

  1. That's great that you were actually craving salads! The only bad thing that could happen now is you getting sick of salads! But there are so many combinations that hopefully that won't happen for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's is awesome that you over achieved your goal! That's what we all want to be doing! This shows that doing good things and accomplishing your self goals does increase happiness! Increasing your intake sounds like a good plan for next week! Good luck on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cuddos to you for reaching your goal! I like how you have added a little additional challenge by sticking strictly to green vegetables. Is another part of your goal to have a salad with each meal? One recipe I found online that I thought sounded good was Asparagus Frittata, in case you decide you would like something else to try. Here's the website address - http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/asparagus_frittata/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job achieving your goal, and you are even increasing your intake too. I don't think it is possible to ever get sick of salads in my opinion. It's also perfect timing that you are eating all these greens in the winter because this is when our bodies need these vitamins and minerals the most.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job! I'm happy to hear that you've achieved your goal, and are confident enough to make it more challenging. I like salad, but it isn't as easy for me to eat it as much as you are yourself. Keep up the good work, its a great goal to strive for!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make salads to help me meet my goal also, and I crave them all the time! It's really nice that there are so many vegetables out there to help with our goals. I found that keeping a variety really helps. You can put a lot of different vegetables in salad, making your vegetable intake even higher!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great job this week! it seems like every blog I read everyone is obtaining their goals! I just think this is all so great! Keep up the wonderful job next week!

    ReplyDelete