Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 1: My SMART Goal

  1. I will eat 2 servings (2 cups) of broccoli per day 3 times per week for the next 10 weeks. 
  2. This lifestyle is eco-chic because it is a healthy choice to make sure I am getting the recommended amount of calcium per day. Women are recommended to have about 1,000 mg of calcium each day and this will help me to be on a good track to get there. Each serving of broccoli is about 178 mg of calcium.
  3. I chose this particular goal because looking at my diet and not only do I not eat enough calcium rich foods but definitely not enough green vegetables. Also, the last time I was at the doctor one of the tests said that my calcium was lower than usual, so to fix this I'm trying to increase my intake of calcium from broccoli. 
  4. Today after work I went to the grocery store and bought fresh broccoli to get started on my goal. I decided to plan meals that I could either incorporate broccoli into or that broccoli would go well as a side. Luckily, I like broccoli so this goal will be attainable. 
Blogged for the Eco-Chic Lifestyle Change Week 1 hosted by Amy@Amy in the Rain.

    6 comments:

    1. sounds like you have a great start to working towards your goal. good luck!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I see you have changed it, I think it's a great goal and you can eat it by itself without even having to incorporate it into meals or pair it with something.

      ReplyDelete
    3. One 'dish' I really like that has broccoli is vegetable pizza! Yummy, haha! Feel free to ask me for the recipe if you don't have it!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I LOVE broccoli. My goal was to eat more vegetables a day, and broccoli will definitely be a vegetable I use to achieve it!

      ReplyDelete
    5. Really? 1,000 mg of calcium per day is recommended? I didn't know that but now I do. How are you going to drink broccoli? I'm a little confused. Would you also be eating it too?

      ReplyDelete
    6. I love broccoli! This is a good goal. I will have to try it sometime because I do not get nearly the amount of vegetables that I should be getting on a daily basis! Good Luck!

      ReplyDelete