Thursday, October 7, 2010

Reflection Weeks: 1-4

So far in the past few weeks I have learned quite a lot of information. One of the most interesting things was using all the cool things on blogger. I've used Blogger once before in one of my high school history classes but it was just the basic posting and commenting. We never learned about all the gadgets and extra things you could use or place on your site. Also, learning about how the government is trying to hide important information about global warming from its people. I think this is a serious issue and we deserve to know whats going on and what we should be expecting. If people understood how serious this is, we might be more willing to change the way we live to prevent it.

I've also learned a lot about being more energy efficient and realizing how much more I can do to decrease my ecological footprint on the earth. After taking the earth day quiz, about how many planets my lifestyle would need to support everyone on earth if they lived the same was as I do, I realized I need to seriously find ways to help the environment rather than hurt it. To do this I have been trying to reduce my shower times, watching that I'm turning off the water between brushing my teeth, putting on a sweatshirt rather than turning up the heat, opening windows rather than turning on a fan, etc. I think people need to start taking care of the environment before we don't have the chance anymore and are regretting that we never did.

6 comments:

  1. I have to agree with you about the blog idea. I am glad that we are learning to how actually use this website appropriately. I used Blogger when I was in Australia and did not have any of these cool gadets or functions that we have been taught! It could have really made my website much nicer and easier to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also glad we are learning about blogging. My older sisters do it, so I am glad I can keep up with them! It is something I will probably continue to do in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with many things you stated in your reflection. Blogging is something I have never done before and I find it very interesting. This class has also opened my eyes on many environmental issues that I had not known about in such detail before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven'n use a blog before and I think it is great. This class really teaches us many important things that we can do to save our environment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that we are using blogger as well. I think it would be awesome to use for friends and family to keep them updated. Defiantly would save on paper! I totally agree with you about the whole ecological footprint thing. It is nice to learn these things so we can better our environment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you mentioned one of the small changes you are making includes putting on a sweatshirt instead of turning up the heat. A great way to help the environment as well as keep some money in your pocket!

    ReplyDelete